Thursday, January 04, 2007

You think you bad? You ain't bad.


You think you done? You ain't done.

This morning the Headmistress announced that a french door must be installed to separate the dormitories from the public spaces in Residence Hall. So all that trash talking about git'n 'er done? Ha!

After she left for work, the Headmaster got busy making another pot of coffee to facilitate all the ranting. Then he got busy making more mess. You know, its a good thing she made this announcement before the plaster went up, 'cuz once that's done, there will be no changes - its permanent and unchangeable.

We didn't make a great deal of progress because of today's playgroup at the Dean's. And let me just say, the Headmistress there is none too pleased with my recent commitment to perform drywall services at the Clayton Academy. I seem to have a knack for pissing off Headmistresses.


Anyway, I managed to get the doorway framed, drywalled and ready for the pre-hung door unit. But we'll have to go to the appropriations committee to get that capital purchase approved (personally, I don't think the endowment will support it). Still, I've made sufficient progress to proceed with the venetian plaster finish.



But you know how nothing is ever easy? Especially here at the Academy? Well, in order to frame that door, I had to destroy this door. Which is fine, because this door was on the list as Headmaster Pet Peeve #3 - sliding closet doors. Hate 'em. Absolutely. So now I can frame a nice, hinged, 6-panel closet door there.

Another day.

0 Comments