Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Students Gone Wild



Today, several students of the Academy were caught vandalizing the walls of the Residence Hall. The office of the Headmaster wishes to remind everyone that these types of destructive acts will absolutely, positively not be tolerated.

At least, they won't be tolerated after the walls are painted.

In keeping with Academy tradition, the students were allowed to draw all over the walls before prep work is completed for the new paint. Actually, the walls will be "finished", not painted. Faux venetian plaster. I used this technique on our old house, and I miss having all that wonderful texture around. This one will be a challenge, since its a cathedral ceiling - large areas are very difficult to finish without help. And finding help around here is nothing, if not challenging.






Postscript - This represents a milestone for the Academy, with its 100th blog entry.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG. You do Venitian plaster? Can you be cloned? Loaned? Borrowed? Bartered? Bought? Bribed?

Listen, on your cathedral ceilings: I'll help you do yours if you help me do mine. (Caution: Ten years ago, Monica and I agreed we'd help each other faux finish every room on our homes. Progress to date: NONE. Color of my sad walls 13 years after move-in: Dover white. Color of my mood after reviewing the rapid renovations, with color, at the Academy, and comparing them to Chez Dean: greyed-off blue and a slight envious-green.)

21 Charles Street said...

Lisa will have to pick a number and get in line - I've had this guy booked for the past several years - now all I need is for him to show up...

Lisa said...

Pat, of course, I'll gladly wait in line. I'm not greedy--just remodel needy.

But, um, hey, Jim? Buddy? Um, I just read your "Sure, Kim. I'll git 'er done if you host playgroup" post and all I gotta say is: Ahww, Hell to the No.

Excuuussse me? How many times have I hosted playgroup at my house? I git no git er done?

So, not only am I sporting envy-green at your progress, and grey-blue about my lack thereof, there's this new touch of red about me. It's like that new reddish-purple-ish Crayola color called "Oh no you di ent".)

Hard to imagine that color red? Jim, Jim, Jim, not to worry, buddy. You can see it today at playgroup, AT MY HOUSE.

Bring it on. And bring your tools.