Saturday, January 20, 2007

Laurel? Hardly.

Ok, so I've been lying all along. And I really need to come clean and set the record straight.

The Headmistress is actually my straight man. She graciously allows me to subject her good name to my twisted sense of humor on these pages. So although I love to portray myself as an unwitting victim of her strong-handed rule of me and this house, the opposite couldn't be more true. I am so very fortunate to have such an understanding wife. One who comes home from a difficult week at work knowing that she has a party to put on the following evening, walks into a completely destroyed living room, and simply gives me a hug. One who leaves a perfectly sound house in the morning, then comes home in the evening to a house that has three or four fewer walls in it - and never, ever complains. One who allows me to do anything to this house that my little heart desires - destruction, construction, design, decorating. She funds it. She approves it. She loves it. She encourages it.

How lucky can a guy get?



postscript - I'd better get back to work before the Headmistress catches me goofing off. Don't tell her I said anything nice about her.

2 comments:

21 Charles Street said...

Even as I read your other blog I had this other picture of the Headmistress and it's exactly as you just described - you both are very lucky - to have each other!

21 Charles Street said...

Oops, almost forgot. Jim, most wonderful brother in the whole wide world, I'd let you do anything you want to my house too :) Roadtrip!