Sunday, January 07, 2007

GWYR


We took a couple steps backward on our venetian plaster project today. Just as I was about to get started, I realized that the thermostat was located on the wall about to be plastered. hm. Those little voices that torment me said... "what if you ever want to MOVE that thermostat?" (ok, so I hear voices - hey, at least they're not telling me to shoot the cat. yet.) I realized instantly that I had to move the thermostat, just to make the voices go away.

So that's how I spent MY day today - moving Green, White, Yellow and Red across the hall.

The new location sits directly above one of the newly remodeled basement bedrooms. So I had to bust through the wall in the hallway, and bust through the downstairs bedroom ceiling. Its the ONLY unblemished, completely finished ceiling on the whole property! My 2YO granddaughter was not pleased. "Pop-pop, this is MY room! You aren't being very nice!"

Anyway, in spite of all the bitching and complaining, I finally got it moved, replaced and started back up. We have now brought the Academy's furnace into the digital age. And I patched the bedroom ceiling - after paint tomorrow, my granddaughter won't even know what happened. Unless the voices remind her.

And so the Academy's construction corollary remains intact: "The voices resist simplicity. Therefore, the simpler a project appears, the longer it will take".






postscript - I am SO excited! I've had this new camera sitting in a cabinet for months now because I simply could NOT figure out how to make the macro function work. Since I broke my other camera during the course of this project (don't get me started), I had no choice but to sit down and figure it all out. Which I did. I LOVE this camera!

2 comments:

21 Charles Street said...

Voices? You're scaring me Jim. Hey, is the new camera the one you got from Barbara?

Jim Chandler said...

You mean... you don't hear the voices?

Yes, the camera is one in the same. Love it...