Thursday, January 25, 2007

Carry on my wayward son...


I can't carry a car.
I can't carry a cow.
But I can carry when adding,
I know exactly how!


The poem above was on the boys' math papers today. We've been working on long addition, carrying numbers to the next column. The exercise following the poem said to "Write the sums, don't forget to carry"

The photo above is a re-enactment, but its exactly what I saw when I went in to check on the boys' progress on that paper.

Teacher: "Joshua, why are you holding the box of colored pencils?"
Joshua (sincerely): "Because the paper says to carry something while I add up the sums."

I had to hold onto the table to keep from falling over!

2 comments:

21 Charles Street said...

Oh my GAWD Jim, that is too cute. And did you get brother Michael's email today about nephew Josiah's talk with God about getting the toys he wanted. I told Michael it reminded me of when Kristy was little - her rabbit died and I told her about the rabbit being happy with God - she looked at me and said "what does God want with a dead rabbit". Kids! They say and do the darndest don't they. Too cute!

Jim Chandler said...

That dead rabbit bit is one of the funniest things I've ever heard! That niece of mine is one smart kiddo!