Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Who's Anatomy?

The Academy does have a television, but I think its hard-wired into the Food Network, since that's the only thing ever on it. (Unless there is a Red Sox game, but since the media budget didn't provide for the full MLB package, and since it is the post-season and they are, well, the Sox, that's almost never.)

Grey's Anatomy. Doesn't the title refer to a female doctor? Sounds.. promising. But for all I know its a show about the function of spleens.

Television puzzles me. I mean, why can't those orange juice guys keep the shelves stocked? Haven't they heard of warehousing? Don't they own a truck? Do all orange grove workers really resemble corporate executives doing weekend yardwork? Maybe its just me, but the thought of reaching through some bushes for a carton of fresh orange juice weirds me out.

Anyway, originally published in 1918, the real Gray's Anatomy was a ponderous volume containing more than 1,200 engravings of the human body. I've looked at them all, and Allison Shepherd's anatomy wasn't featured on a single one. Hm... maybe I will have to watch an episode or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, thanks so much for crossing off one of the blog requests. Mighty nice of you.

But, I have to say: "Who's Anatomy?" Not up on it? Reeeallly?


Me thinks thou dost protest too much--who said anything about the Mrs. Dr. Shepherd. (And her name is Addison, not Allison, ya goof.)

Jim Chandler said...

Ha! Too funny! Oops