Monday, October 16, 2006

What's in your fridge?


A roving band of Vikings/Visigoths/Huns has run amok in my neigborhood. They tear across my freshly-mowed lawn and into my garage, intent on destroying everything in their path. They picked a poor target - my garage is already destroyed. Just as they approach the entry door, I open the "guy refrigerator", and the contents stop them dead in their tracks. Flash forward through the remainder of this blog-o-mmercial, and as they leave my yard one of them looks into the camera and yells "What's in your refrigerator?

Hey, it could happen!

Lacking for material this evening, I volun-told the Academy's music director that he'd be tonight's guest blogger. So of course, the subject is "beers in my fridge". We went out to the "guy fridge" and selected one of each brand. Without further ado, today's guest blog from Ryan, who describes each selection.

Old Speckled Hen: An English Pale Ale, ABV of 5.20%. Amber in color, it has a smooth mouthfeel with a slightly bitter finish.

Guinness Draught: The Classic Irish Dry Stout at 4.20%. It posseses a thick creamy mouthfeel with little to no carbonation and a dry finish. Best served at aprox. 50 degrees.

DogFish Head 90 Minute IPA: American double IPA at 9.00%. Pours a hazy amber with a thick syrupy mouthfeel and strog hop finish. For serious "Hop Heads" only.

DogFish Head Shelter Pale ale: American Pale ale at 5.00%. A Crisp, Smooth APA with a medium body and slight hop finish.

Troegs Troegenator DoppelBock: A semi-sweet syrupy Double Bock with hints of caramel. At 8.20% it is best served only slightly chilled at aprox. 50 degrees.

Magic Hat Blind Faith: An English IPA at 5.90%. A relatively smooth IPA with a nice rounded hop finish. Great session beer.

Victory Ten Year alt: Altbier at 8.50%. A medium thick mouthfeel with well balanced hops and medium body.


And there you have it. Beers in our 'fridge. Don't you feel the urge to fill a liter mug, raise it up high and shout "I Love Strudel!"

2 comments:

mydadsblog said...

Now I understand the whack I received from Mother Superior and her sacred ten-feet ruler when I asked her "What's in your refrigerator?

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I'm diggin the guest blogger. Cool.