Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Little Girlie-Man Driving Family Home

We're here in a hotel room in Savannah, Georgia. Ok, so I didn't make it very far. We got a late start, OK?

Anyway, Diane always wanted to see Savannah. We got to check out the restaurant of one of her favorite cooks - Paula Deen's Lady and Sons. It was WAY different from what we'd expected - kind of a hole in the wall on a very crowded side street.

So now we have, like, 43 hours of driving to do tomorrow.

You know, I think I've discovered that I have a thing for manhole covers. Wait. That didn't sound quite right. Its just that I really like taking photographs of metal plates in the street. Here are two from today - the first at Disney, and the second in Savannah. Of course, it would be great if I had access to PhotoShop or Paint Shop or something, as I think these could use some tinting or other creative treatment. Note the lack of focus. This is partially due to the cheap point-and-shoot camera, partially due to the lack of tripod, and partially due to knocking my camera over while it was on the tripod. Saving $200 by purchasing a cheapo tripod is REALLY paying off.



Savannah is a very unique place. It feels sooooo old. Yet, while some things seem authentically old, others seem forced. I took these pictures of some strange parking garages in an alley. I really needed a tripod for the low-light conditions, but I made due with my crappy point-and-shoot camera. These garages looked to be hundreds of years old. Note the chute at the far end - maybe they were coal storage bins?



We'll see how far girlie-man makes it tomorrow.....

0 Comments