Sunday, December 17, 2006

Oh Yeaahh! Hallelujah!


We all drank some more kool-aid this morning. Here are some things I like about church:

- its an opportunity to catch up on the latest gossip, as the people sitting behind you talk through the entire service

- its quite an effective method for picking up lots and lots of germs

- stimulating architecture and detail

- dressing up, and looking like a family that has its sh#% together

- the walk from the car to the church feels so quaint and old-timey

- I can practice my socialization skills, which are sorely lacking

- I can drink wine early in the morning

- I get to refocus my thoughts and get right with the world.

- Pastor Rick. He's awesome - he de-politicizes Christianity, takes a more global view of it, and preaches acceptance (then backs it up). With three Phd's, he is one of the most knowledgable people you'd want to meet, yet SO down-to-earth. His sermons move me every week. And that's not an easy task as it relates to religion. Tired of all the in-your-face bullsh@# surrounding Christianity these days? Terri Schiavo? War on Christmas? Stem cell research? Gay-bashing by hippocrites? Lobbying to legislate values? America is the "chosen nation"? Are you expecting the second coming of the Inquisition any day now? Pastor Rick is the cure for what ails ya.

Now if I could just make it out of the parking lot without losing all that good karma.

3 comments:

21 Charles Street said...

I don't know what's more exciting Jim; you're episodes in the parking lot or in the closet...
Pat

21 Charles Street said...

Oops - spent you're wrong... your!

21 Charles Street said...

Holy Crap batman - I spelt spelt wrong... what's up!
Pat