Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Fighting Back

In the spirit of recent bloggerhood activities, here is something that you may not know about me. I have a superwoman sister.


Its funny because, like most superheroes, she does a good job of covering it up. Meeting her for the first time, you might not associate her with super human powers. But looks and demeanor are deceiving. I think she just may be the strongest of what was a very large litter (we are, after all, Catholic).

Now don't get me wrong. I was blessed with the lion's share of the Chandler good looks, intellect, wit and strength. But Elizabeth came just two years after me, so she rode the coattails of my aura and picked up on a lot of those traits. Hey, I don't mind - its the least I could do.


Yet, in spite of my generosity, it hasn't always been easy for her. She has dealt with a great deal of adversity in her life. At one point, she worked the streets of Washington, D.C. as a hooker (customer's face removed to protect the good looks, intellect, wit and strength of the innocent).

Elizabeth, far right. Pat, exerting bad influence, 2nd from right.


Through it all, Elizabeth has managed to raise one of the finest blended families you'd ever hope to meet. We're talking about the quintessential All-American family - the kind you watch and admire. And its all due to her strength and perseverance.


These are qualities that will help her now, through the biggest challenge of her life - neuroendocrine small-cell cancer. Don't doubt for a second that she will prevail. She is that strong.

Yeah, don't piss her off.

Happy Valentine's Day, Sis.

3 comments:

21 Charles Street said...

I have always loved those pictures of you two. She really is such an incredible woman. You ain't so bad yourself brother!

Lisa said...

Now, THAT is a Valetine's love note if ever there were one. You gonna call and read it to her? What girl wouldn't want to hear that?

Love to all you Chandlers.

Happy Valentine's Day.

zendra said...

I just don't even know what to say. You are all superheroes in my opinion.