Thursday, July 05, 2007

I Can Breathe Clearly Now...

I have finally moved the boys back into their bedroom. It only took three months, during which time they were living out of our dining room. It isn't all finished, but there is only some caulking and painting left to do on all the molding. I'm thinking that's a wrap, since I would certainly hate to have it on my permanent record that I'd completely finished a project.

So here are some pictures, starting with the old room just before we went to settlement on the house. It was dark, and smelled of mold. That's because the crappy windows leaked like crazy, and the former owners simply put some nice white paneling up to hide the mold that was growing on the drywall. Out of sight, out of mind. But still in the nostril.

Anyway, its all better now. Light, airy, and fresh-smelling. And very, very dry.















2 comments:

Lisa said...

Your commitment to color is inspiring. After 13 years of Dover White #230, I'm thinking of committing to parchment and tan this fall. It's starting to make me a little bit nervous, though, so I'm not rushing in, yet . . .

Jim Chandler said...

Woah - slow down there! You're scaring me. Uh.. I think your color issues will be cured after a week in a room painted Ralph Lauren's Dressage Red.

My commitment to color was inspired by a weak moment in Home Depot when I told the boys they could pick out their room color. On which point they would never, ever, in a million years, agree.