Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Double your pleasure...


A laundry room in the master bedroom closet takes shape. New electrical circuits, water lines, drain lines. HVAC vents relocated. Totally insulated for sound. The only thing remaining is the drywall and baseboards, and a dryer vent line to go through the gaping hole I drilled through the floor, into the basement and out the west foundation.

The students and the faculty are excited to have a laundry room on the main floor. The Headmistress and I are allowing them to bask in their delusions for the time being. That will make it all the more satisfying when I finish the room and we break the news that the new laundry room is OFF-LIMITS to the students and the faculty. Ha! Its the small victories that bring such pleasure.

The only question now is, will two full laundry rooms be sufficient to support the mountain of laundry the Academy produces each day? hm... doubtful. Perhaps a full laundry in every room?

Strangely enough, and most unfortunately, completion of the laundry room is on the critical path of the Academy's Christmas tree. This is due to the rather large washer and dryer that currently occupy the floorspace where the tree is to go, and the fact that there is no other place to store them.

Maybe if I drag this project out long enough, I won't have to put up a tree this year? Let's float that one and check the reaction of the Headmistress (and Uncle Myron). Fasten your seatbelts...

1 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks so professional. Nice job.

Uh, so, when can I get an estimate on my closet bump-out into the attic?. I pay cash or in homeschooling . . .

And for a master bath rehab, I'd do summer school, summer camp, and 3 sessions of nature journaling.