Sunday, September 24, 2006

KILL BECKETT


So this is how our Disney trip started at 5:00 am this morning. I walked to the basement and landed in two inches of standing water. Ha!


The hot water heater (a.k.a. "Beckett") deposited two inches of water in the basement. I ran into the furnace room to shut it down, grabbed the hot water heater manual, and quickly flipped to the first page. I swear, for a moment I saw, in bold faced letters, the following:

Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Cold.

I dropped the manual, recoiled in horror and sobbed "Why? WHY?! What'd I ever do to you man?" That's when Diane walked in. Awkward moment.

So apparently we are NOT leaving today. The water heater must be replaced, the water removed, and... what else... hm. Oh yeah, remember all that new carpet I just installed? Ha!

More on this later. I gotta job to do. Beckett must die.


1 comments:

Lisa said...

Bless your heart. You don't deserve that to happen.

Always looking on the bright side of life (whistling in the background) . . .

Teachable moment: Irony

Compare and contrast (1) pictures of beautifully finished basement & construction completion blog entry with (2) Kill Beckett entry & photo of protagonist ankle-deep in water.

Are there any lengths to which you won't go to provide the students at BBA with dramatic illustrations of literary devices? Have you reviewed comic-tragedy with the boys yet? Now would be a good time.