Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Sex and the Pity


Tonight, after sitting in front of the television from 7:30 to midnight watching the Indians beat the Yankees in the ALDS (WooHoo!!!), and then watching the entire postgame show with Cal Ripken, Frank Thomas and Ron Darling, I found that I simply could not extricate myself from the sofa. Try as I might, I could not fight through the 12 pound bag of chips from BJ's and the six pack of beer that I'd ingested.

So I had to endure (for the first time ever) an episode of Sex and the City. And I liked it. It was very funny. OMG. What is happening to me? I never thought I'd say this, but please come take the remote control out of my hands. I'm not worthy anymore. I am but a pitiful shadow of my former self....

3 comments:

CAN said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. "Sex in the City" is actually a pretty good show. Seems like it earned all kinds of acclaim over the years for writing and acting. Maybe it was just the TV critic in you that kept you hanging on Sarah Jessica Parker's every move. (Or was it really just the beer and chips?)

BTW, does this mean that Joe Torre's getting the boot?
Congrats to all the Sawx fans!

Jim Chandler said...

Sadly, it appears the Torre era may be ending. I think this was one of Torre's better years. I guess 13 straight postseasons and 4 championships in as many years aren't enough for that organization. But uh, Joe, starting Wang in game 4? Really?

RedWrites said...

Not a pitiful shadow of your former self... finally being true to you :) SITC was awesome :) What a great way for a man to gain true insight into a woman's hard-to-explain brain :)