Thursday, August 16, 2007

How To Lose A Guy In Two Days

The best way I know of is to require hardwood floors before a new piano is delivered, then schedule the delivery two days out.

I have completely lost my mind. I'm a walking zombie. I haven't stopped in 48 hours. Going from 50's era linoleum to finished hardwood floor in two days. What was I thinking?

Unfortunately, I didn't get "before" pictures of the disgusting carpet(decorated by incontinent dogs) or the linoleum that we discovered under it. But I do have "during" and "after" pictures. The finish is boiled linseed oil, if you can believe that. I love the natural wood look and the way it really brings out the grain without being too dark.

Piano? Bring it on baby.


DURING pics






AFTER pics







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim, you are a FREAKING NUT!!!!

RedWrites said...

Gorgeous!! The piano will look and feel so "at home" with its new surroundings :) Happy piano moving day!

Anonymous said...

Jim,

You da man! Wow, the finished product is truly beautiful. What a great job! What's next on the agenda (after some sleep, of course!)?

Kim

Jim Chandler said...

Thanks! Uh, next I have to finish one of the 30 or so other projects I've got started around here. Like maybe the stone on the side of the house! The neighbors are probably tiring of the construction debris in my front yard...

21 Charles Street said...

Debris? Honey I got your debris right up here on my front lawn in Maine! Living with Deb and her many projects makes one want to join Debris Anonymous! K!

Pat

CAN said...

Jim,
Having seen the final result and how gorgeous it all looks, I say "kudos to you"! It's awesome. Most of us only dream of having the talent that you have for fixer-upper-ing.

How 'bout for the next project we start building that cardboard Santa Maria in your barn? The neighbors will never have to know about it.