Saturday, May 19, 2007

Windows XP


Windows XPert? Oh yeah baby! Two windows are in. Two more to go.

The old windows leaked, leaked, and leaked some more. The water damage was so bad that I could put my fist through the floor, right into the basement. The moron we bought the house from had patched over the old, original windows. He'd put in some cheap vinyl replacement windows, covered the rotted exterior window frame and molding with aluminum, and patched over the interior rot. Uh, when I say "patched", I'm being kind. He actually framed it with foam and L-brackets. Then, rather than replace the rotted drywall, he put some cheap paneling over it. The guy was a freaking idiot.


Its all gone now, and everything is re-framed. Dry as a bone.

You know, when I think about how much I paid for this house, sometimes I wonder who was the real idiot...






1 comments:

21 Charles Street said...

Sort of like buying $4.99 a pound Maine lobster for $25.00 a pound hugh Jim...

Don't worry though, mums the word!