Saturday, March 31, 2007

You've waited a long time...


Yes, it's finally here. A brand new Andrew Bird CD. Isn't it great when you find something you weren't even expecting? I challenge anyone to find a song on here they don't like.

I have seen Andrew perform live countless times either with his Bowl of Fire or with the Squirrel Nut Zippers. He is so freaking talented - like a David Byrne on ritalin. Some pics from shows downtown at the Black Cat. One show was on Halloween night - thus the french maid outfits. Notice a younger Ryan there also, trying to look cool amidst it all.








Also, I found this new stuff from Yo La Tengo. Its got some pretty decent stuff on it, like "Sometimes I Don't Get You" and "The Weakest Part", but mainly you gotta love an album titled "I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass". Mm hm.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

"I am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass"?

I believe I've already got the copyrights on that. My tshirt line is coming out soon. There's gonna be an intellectual property rumble over this. I'd bet on me, were I you.. .

Jim Chandler said...

You really don't need the t-shirt. The message is implied, and most get it. I say that with kindness and admiration.

I bought the CD from iTunes. Now all I need is an iPod. At least I can listen to it on my computer as I work. It is an amazing CD.

Hey, you know I never realized it, but I think that woman in the last picture was checking me out. Huh! Nah... can't be. She was probably just thinking "Little man with camera, I am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass".

21 Charles Street said...

Get with it Jim. She heard you had a cute sister...

Lisa said...

"You really don't need the t-shirt. The message is implied, and most get it." WITH kindness and admiration? Huh.

Golly, Jim, you are such a bee charmer. I mean, it's like you're asking to get your ass kicked with a comment like that. Whaddup?